Summer Learning Journey | Design your own Surfboard!

In this Summer Learning Journey activity, I have designed my own surfboard which is based on the ocean with fishes. The blue swirl in the middle is the vortex that happens in the ocean, as well as the fish which swims around it with hundreds of air bubbles rising up fast to the surface.

A couple of facts I learnt while doing this activity were how easy and fun it was to do but also gives you a variety of designs and symbols to choose from, like the having sea creatures, waves, summer themed things, etc. I have also learnt the reason why surfers put wax on their boards, are to give you tighter grip on your feet while on board, which reduces slipping off from the currents.

I enjoyed doing this activity because usually I see surfboards with no patterns but with just plain colours, but doing this activity allowed my digital activity to come in, and design a summer themed item.

What kind of designs would you have on your very own surfboard?

One thought on “Summer Learning Journey | Design your own Surfboard!

1. Hi Chisa,

This such an eye-catching and unique surfboard. I love how you have made all the colours swirl together, it creates a magical effect.

If I was looking to buy a surfboard from a shop and I saw this one, I think I would have to buy it straight away! I wonder if it would camouflage into the water with all the colours blending in?

I can see you took the time to really think about what you would want your surfboard to look like and you have created something beautiful. Have you ever been surfing before? Ive tried it a few times but find it very difficult, although I would love to do it again!

Thanks for sharing Chisa,

Emma – SLJ