Summer Learning Journey | Tangram Tangles

For this Summer Learning Journey activity, I have done the tangram tangles, and choosing an image that represented summer. In this activity I decided to do three images which were a friend, football, and a cat. The reason why I did a friend, was because when I go to the beach, or park, or just playing tag, it means that summer is on the way. The second image which is someone playing football, is because even though in some countries, it is a winter sports, in New Zealand, there are usually football games in the summer, or even playing in the beach, or park, or just in your front/back yard. The third image I chose was a cat, because I usually see them laying down on top of roofs, or somewhere that has sun on, which shows that we are in the summer season.

I found this activity a bit hard because, I needed to think first where the shapes went, before putting them in.

4 thoughts on “Summer Learning Journey | Tangram Tangles

1. Hi Chisa,

You have done an amazing job with the tangram tiles! It does take a bit of time to think about where each shape should go. You have nailed it though!

All of your shapes make great connections to summer time! I particularly love the cat, seeing them lying in the sun is something I wouldn’t have thought about myself but your are absolutely right!

Which was your favourite one to create? I can’t wait to see what how you change the colours in the step it up part of this activity.

Thanks for sharing Chisa.

Emma – SLJ

2. Hi Chisa,
    My name is Khaing(Shwe) and I am from Pt England School and Year 5 student I this art work is awesome what did you like about it?
    Happy New Year Chisa.
    Regards
    Khaing Shwe

3. Kia Ora Chisa,
    It’s me Jamie from guitar lessons! Do you still go to guitar lessons? I like the tangrams you have chosen! My favorite animal is a cat, what is your favorite animal? Anyways happy new year 2023!
    Your friend Jamie

4. Bula Vinaka Chisa!

I seriously love your name!

I really like your Tangram. I really like your cat. It’s really creative and super cute. You seem so creative. I really like everything you made. I like how you thought about the things you would make. I like how most of them relate to summer, like how you may see people outside, playing soccer.

I was wondering, would make anything else? Do you think there’s anything you would change?

– Karolina @ Hay Park