Summer Learning Journey | Rainbow collage template

For this next Summer Learning Journey activity, I have done the step it up. It is inspired by the story of Nanny Mihi and the rainbow, who her grandkids make a rainbow using all the things they found at the beach (like shell, flowers, sea creatures).

In my creation, I decided to have the colour at the back overlapping one another, then adding an object for example flowers, fruits, leaves, and bubbles.

I enjoyed doing this activity because I always love making collages with photos, png pictures and bundling them together or overlapping them to make a great image.

2 thoughts on “Summer Learning Journey | Rainbow collage template

1. Kia ora Chisa,

My name is Theresa and I am one of the Summer Learning Journal commenters. Your rainbow collage is wonderful. It really caught my attention. It wasn’t until I read your description that I noticed that you layered the pictures on top of the base rainbow colour. That was a very effective technique. it really makes your collage stand out because there are no white bits breaking up your pattern.

What other collages do you make? Have you ever done a dream board? That is one of my favourite things to do 🙂

Ngā mihi
    Theresa

2. Hi Chisa

Great to catch up with you and your work on the Summer Learning Journey. Great that you are still keen to compete with this . Your postings to date have been great and reflect the fun that can come from these activities.

This posting certainly “pops off the page” with the vibrancy of the colours you have chosen.

A good link for inspiration from the story.

Well done. I look forward to following your progress.

regards

Mr Johnston